Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First tomatoes are in

Got the first tomatoes in tonight. Four that I purchased from the Emory Farmer's Market a couple of weeks ago.

In order, they are:

Burpee Supersteak in Pike's container soil (10-8-4)
Beefmaster in Fafard Organic Potting Mix (10-5-4)
Juliette in Fafard complete container mix (18-6-12)
Grapette in Fafard complete container mix

Probably too much nitrogen in the Fafard container -- didn't look at that prior to planting.

One more Celebrity to plant and then I'm sure there will be other tasty items making their way here. I can't see that peppers are worth it as they rarely produce much. I have some brussel sprouts in but I doubt they produce anything as it's starting to get warm. Some of the lettuce is going like gangbusters -- under Alan's office -- if it gets going, we should at least get one crop.






No comments: