Sunday, April 25, 2010

Garden Update

All the tomatoes but one in as of this weekend. Brussel sprouts moved to the compost pile after not performing and starting to get eaten by what I suspect are the same green wormies that ate the collards last year.

I planted the cuke that Thomas grew from seed and also one zucchini. We'll see if Alan can stand them fresh from the garden.

I am excited about some new varieties of tomato planted this year, including something called a Park's Whopper that promises big, meaty 4" fruit. That one's out front with some Greek columnar oregano. The celebrity is the last one to plant. I may pull the swiss chard and do it in there. The chard never really grew and neither did the spinach, despite both wintering over.

Also repotted three hibiscus that were on sale at Pike's. They're really beautiful, two red and one a beautiful peach color.

I also planted the coneflower I'd gotten two weeks ago at Habersham. We'll see if it lives -- nothing else has in that location.





No comments: